Bring rock n roll back! music is pure gash these days.

Lofty06-Aug-21 05:02

Opinions?

James13123209-Aug-21 14:17

Is it even music?

Lofty14-Aug-21 00:07

It's all about control now. Corporate fat cats and governing bodies. It's all filtered for what society can handle without offending people.

Pure shite these days!

James13123220-Aug-21 22:38

Yeah. I think society is in a sorry state when music becomes commercial and song writing becomes nothing more than a formula to follow. You see it in the film industry also. Hollywood films especially seem to follow the same predictable path these days. As for TV in general, it seems you watch adverts with the programme breaks now, rather than the other way around!

Dave Bass22-Aug-21 21:23

Ain't it awful !! ......still it keeps us miserable 'ole gits 'appy dinnit ? Gives us plenty to moan at !

(AGREE ABOUT THE ROCK 'N ROLL 100 % - PROPER JOB !!) MIND YOU I WAS AROUND THE FIRST TIME AROUND SO I 'SPOSE I'M BIASED.

Jenoire24-Aug-21 10:18

Rock n'Roll will never die
It makes us happy
It makes us dance
The lyrics are snappy
The styles are diverse
The outfits are smart
Those who know Rockabilly sure know how to Rock

Half the world is involved in Rockabilly if you know where to look, mainstream is so crappy these days we don't need it
Occasionally some foxy woman breaks into the mainstream eg Imelda May and she was all the rage until she left it and moved on to other pastures

ADR19-Sep-21 12:54

You cant beat Rock n Roll i still play 50's/ 60's Rock n Roll it still gets everyone dancing.